Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Went to the Cenotaph on the weekend

Cpl Nathan Cirillo's funeral was today.  I couldn't watch this afternoon, but over the weekend I had the opportunity to go to the Cenotaph where he was gunned down last week. It was very moving as the square was full of people, but no one spoke over hushed whispers. People put their heads on each other's shoulders, hugged or held hands for comfort and just shared their positive energy at the place where so much bad energy was expended.

I took a few photos but felt almost disrespectful in a way. Would I want people to take pictures in a place where my loved one died? Then again, it is the national monument to remember the Unknown Soldier and it's a place to reflect so why not have a photo of such a place? At least I wasn't like the woman who was trying to get a shot of her sons with the monument in the background. She was yelling instructions at them as if they were in front of the big ball at Epcot... "Get closer together! Smile! Move to the right more!" Tacky.









kxx

No comments: