Monday, September 3, 2012

Labour Day

So on this glorious, sunny warm day... on this day that is the very last of the summer... when families get together and barbeque and spend time together talking about the memories of their wonderful summer together, I'm alone again. Audrey went to help a friend assemble bedroom furniture, Elliott went to "hang out" with a friend, Henry went to play video games with his buddy and Scott is off motorcycling. And here I sit blogging. It's fine, though...  it gives me a chance to reflect on the past 3 months. Here are some highlights:

  • 2 dragonboat festivals and countless practices
  • Scott's trip to the UK (and my seething jealousy over that...)
  • Elliott's cadet camp
  • Dinners with friends
  • Dentist/orthodontists/doctor's appointments
  • Wicked
  • A mammogram/ultrasound (yuck but all clear)
  • Scott and the kids off camping (some alone time for me)
  • Canada's Wonderland and a fun trip to Toronto
So that was my summer in a nutshell. Sounds pretty pedestrian but I really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm not ready to see it end. But all good things...

Oh, and by the way, we did have a nice family day yesterday where we went to my sister-in-law's orchard and ate way too many apples (and cider doughnuts) so my above complaining is more literary licence than actual truth. These are the last photos of the summer:





kxx

No comments: