Tuesday, September 25, 2012

At 2:01 today I...



Was trying to figure out how to get Google Maps back onto my iPod after their latest "update" took it away from me (as well as YouTube but I got that back too). After about 20 minutes of faffing about I finally figured it out so I'm happy again.

If you're anything like me, you get lost (a lot) and rely on maps and gps for everything even getting around your own city to places you only go infrequently.

Here are a couple of getting lost stories. I have tons of them but these illustrate my ineptitude perfectly:

I had to go to Toys R Us and I got there with no problem but in telling the story later I likened the aisles to being like a game of piñata where you are spun around and around. When I got out I drove for kilometres in the exact wrong direction until I realised I was going east rather than west.

Then there was the time I was going to pick up Scott at work. I was a pretty new driver at the time so I kinda freaked when I got to the exit and wasn't aggressive enough to cut in. I zoomed past the exit thinking I could just take the next one and turn back onto the highway but you know when you make plans and God laughs? I had to call Scott from the airport to tell him I'd be late. Very.

What happens most often is that I can never remember how to get somewhere I only go once or twice a year. My mind is too chock full of other things like the name of the doctor from the Love Boat (Dr. Adam Bricker played by Bernie Kopell) or the exact number of cast-on stitches I need to knit a perfect hat (72). I can't have the directions to the Rideau Canoe Club taking up valuable real estate. I mean really.

So that's what I was doing at 2:01 today.

kxx


No comments: