Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Sens start their playoff run tomorrow

And as Ottawa's biggest bandwagon jumper, the season, for me, starts now. The Stanley Cup is hockey's Holy Grail and to be honest, all the crap teams have now been weeded out and the fun begins. Woohoo!

A lot of players start a playoff beard that they don't shave off until their team is eliminated. And in my zeal, I convinced Scott not to shave until the Sens get booted. I may have used my immense power over that man way too enthusiastically. As soon as I mentioned it I knew we'd be in trouble. The Sens can quite possible make it 'til the end. And when is the end, you ask? June. So I have to live with a grizzly mountain man until then. I've never more wanted my team to crap out more.

The last time Scott had a beard was the 90's. I'd periodically let him grow one because in my youthful naivete, I felt like I was with a different guy for a while. Then he caught a cold. The day he blew his nose and a booger got caught in his moustache was the end of facial hair forever. I refused to kiss him until he got rid of it. You just can't unsee what's been seen. Uck.

Now I've got to deal with this again. What am I in for? Allergy season is coming up. I should really think before I speak. Looks like I'll just have to take one for the team. Pass the kleenex and Purell.

kxx