Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I don't talk much about my work

Only to say how much I love it and how much fun I have there. Plus the girls I work with are awesome and the kids are fabulous and... where was I?

Yes. I don't talk about work. But something so cool happened today that I can't help but tell you. It was past my normal shift time and I was just wrapping up some last minute paperwork. Just forms and stuff and in my head I was halfway home. A four-year old girl who's not normally in my class came up to me and asked if she could "sing my special song". (I'm calling her Ivy because Scott wouldn't let me use that name for Audrey and I love it. Needless to say it's not hers...)

I mumbled "sure" but I kept on writing and barely looked up. Seriously, I thought she was going to break out the Dreidel Song that I'd heard easily fifty thousand times (no hyperbole here) since the beginning of Hanukkah, or something like it. I'm an idiot because she opened her mouth and this came out:




When I realized, I put my pen down and stared and by the end I was biting my lip to keep from crying. If you say you saw a tear run down my cheek I'll deny it but it may or may not be true. I couldn't believe it!

She had such a sweet voice and knew all the words perfectly. Suddenly I wasn't in such a hurry to leave. I gave her such a squeeze when she was done!

So I just want to say thank you to Ivy who made my afternoon a whole lot more Miserable. Get what I did there?

kxx


1 comment:

April said...

So sweet! I love Les Mis-I'm so excited about the movie, but still nervous about Russell Crowe's singing.