Thursday, April 19, 2012

One of my favourite shots

I flipping love this photo. I'm no photographer. Every camera I've ever had was one of those PhD cameras (press here, dummy) because the one time in my life that I did have a proper SLR, all I did was 1) complain that it was to heavy to haul around so you had to plan to take a picture and 2) you can't plan a really good photo. Of course you can but this is me we're talking about here and I tend to take the path of least resistance. Plus I like to complain.

Anyway, this photo is an example of why I only carry my cheapie (or my iPod) around. Audrey had just come from the hairdresser who had transformed my frizzy, curly baby into a glossy, straight-haired beauty. Henry had just come along for the ride. Audrey couldn't stop touching and smoothing her hair. This was a totally new experience for her and she was enjoying every second of it.

As we left the mall, a gust of wind swept that newly straight hair all around her head. Another new experience. As she shook it out of her eyes, I grabbed my camera, intending only to get Audrey but Henry was standing right there. I love the expression on his face. I messed around with the filters a bit on Instagram and got what you see before you, what looks to me like the album cover (remember those?) for a funky little indie band. I could have cropped the sign off the top and a bit off the left side but like I said... I'm no photographer.

kxx


1 comment:

Jennifer Kay said...

Super cute picture! I love instagram also...there are tons of online editing programs for free too, one I have been using lately is PicMonkey, lots of different filters and options.