Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The trip was amazing!

The highlight was the christening, of course, where I drank too much wine and fell asleep in my clothes. Photos and details (not of the end of the evening, naturally) tomorrow. But I have to mention the Doctor Who Experience. It was FANTASTIC!

I canNOT say enough about this exhibit. It was fun and funny, interactive, interesting and completely and totally amazing. Even Kathy, who had never seen an episode, seemed to enjoy herself. Who wouldn't love taking a spin in the TARDIS? It's staying in London until Christmas then is heading over to Wales where it'll stay permanently. Every part of it was a scream, a trip, a complete joy. I'm so glad I got to go.

So it looks like I've officially embraced my geekdom. I freely admit I'm not a fan of all sci-fi but when I do love one of these shows, I love it more than anything. I want to learn and absorb everything about it. It's not like that with any other genre of show for me. And the new series of Doctor Who (starting with Christopher Eggleston) makes me more happy than a mere television show should.

Now if only I had a time machine of my own. After I'd invest in the internet, I'd totally go back there for another go-round.

kxx


1 comment:

Amy J said...

Glad you had a great trip! Can't wait to see the pics.