Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

I'm 44 today. Let's catalogue my aches and pains, shall we?

  • Soreness under my left kneecap
  • Constant ache in the muscle between my neck and right shoulder
  • My sinuses get completely stuffed up after 5pm
  • I have an ache in my right big toe that sometimes makes it hard to wear heels (waaah!)
  • I think I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel in my left forearm
  • My right eye is constantly leaking
  • Lately an alarming snore (from what Scott tells me) that leads me to think deviated septum
That's about it. Pretty good for an old broad, I have to admit. I'm still mobile and nothing I do is really painful so it's all good.

What about what I CAN do?
  • Run 5K without stopping
  • Dragonboat well enough to earn a medal or two
  • Do 25 "boy pushups"
  • Bake a pretty mean cake
  • Wear a different pair of shoes every day for 2 months without repeats
  • I'm a fairly good mum and a pretty okay wife
So there you have it. The aches and accomplishments of a more than middle-aged, Black suburban wife and mother. I think it's pretty fabulous.

kxx


3 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

Awesome birthday picture! For real.

Amy J said...

Happy Birthday! I am sooo impressed that you can run a 5K...I'm wanting to get to that!

April said...

Happy Birthday-a little late!