Thursday, November 12, 2015

So proud of my boys yesterday

Yesterday was Remembrance Day and Scott and Elliott were asked to participate in a small event. My neighbour Eric and his wife work at a senior's residence and they were having a little ceremony. Because they know Scott's dad was in the RCAF and Elliott plays the pipes, the boys were asked to help out. And of course because I'm all fomo* all the time, I took the morning off work to see what they were going to be doing.

I uncharacteristically sat back and while they did their thing. I can't say I didn't pepper random conversations with "that's my son/husband!", but I did my best to stay out of the way and let them do their thing. I was proud and happy to watch them in action.


Scott chatting up the ladies

The requisite selfie 

Piping the first song

The prayers

Song 2

Distracted by my shoes yet again

Song 3

Scott shows off his dad's uniform

The boys' Q and A

*fomo = "fear of missing out"

How did you commemorate Remembrance Day yesterday?

kxx

No comments: