Thursday, September 18, 2014

D'awwww...

Just when I thought he'd run out of surprises in our life together, yesterday I came home to this:



I know it's simple and probably cost less that a large Starbucks coffee but honestly, it was the sweetest thought in ages. I love surprise presents. And just so we were clear, I ran through the requisite questions about why this suddenly showed up in the house:

  1. What did you do?
  2. How bad is it?
  3. Where is the damage?
  4. When is the court date?
  5. How much is bail?
  6. How long will it be out of commission?
  7. How long is he/she/it staying for?
  8. How many am I cooking for??
  9. How long do you expect to be looking for work?
  10. Elliott/Audrey/Henry wants to go to school where?
After I got the answers I was hoping for and using my married woman powers of observation (no sweaty upper lip, no shallow breathing or excessive blinking), I deduced that these posies were totally on the up and up. Flowers from my husband with no ulterior motive. Aren't I a lucky gal?

kxx

No comments: