I know it's simple and probably cost less that a large Starbucks coffee but honestly, it was the sweetest thought in ages. I love surprise presents. And just so we were clear, I ran through the requisite questions about why this suddenly showed up in the house:
- What did you do?
- How bad is it?
- Where is the damage?
- When is the court date?
- How much is bail?
- How long will it be out of commission?
- How long is he/she/it staying for?
- How many am I cooking for??
- How long do you expect to be looking for work?
- Elliott/Audrey/Henry wants to go to school where?
After I got the answers I was hoping for and using my married woman powers of observation (no sweaty upper lip, no shallow breathing or excessive blinking), I deduced that these posies were totally on the up and up. Flowers from my husband with no ulterior motive. Aren't I a lucky gal?