Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm extremely well read.

Okay, the above post title is a lie. What I do is I wait for a novel to become popular or ingrained into the pop culture, then I grasp on to that bookish bandwagon for all it's worth. It was like that with the Twilight series (ugh), and The Harry Potter Books (amazing), and The Hunger Games trilogy (fantastic).

I love book series (serieses? serieii). I enjoy spending long periods of time with characters that I've gotten attached to. Which is why I don't mind falling into a series later in the game. Because I prefer to read all the books in a row without stopping. How on earth were people able to wait between Hunger Games books? That would have been brutal. I could barely wait overnight once I finished Catching Fire to download Mockingjay. Did I mention that I prefer audiobooks? What better way to get supper on the table, commute to work, run on a boring treadmill or just plain feel like a little kid getting read to by your mummy or daddy than listening to an audiobook before bed?

Anyway, all that said, I'd like to share with you the weighty tomes that are on my bedside table. Here they are in no particular order:

3 magazines about Will and Kate's wedding
1 magazine about the life (and death) of All My Children
1 Walking Dead graphic novel
1 Archie comic digest
1 companion book to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

So now you know what a cosmopolitan, sophisticated and urbane individual I am. Do with this valuable knowledge what you will.

kxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My younger sister and I am always looking every day for a freeware converting M4P to MP3 software. We've used a lot of them and cannot seem to find one which transfers the entire song file and sincerely runs. Is there perfect converting m4p tool, just like [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/m4p-converter/]convert m4p tool[/url]? Thanks a lot!

ElleBlythe said...

I stumbled across your blog randomly and recognized your picture from myspace. Thought I'd say "hi"