Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Woof, it's been a while!

Let's jump right in, shall we?

It's a snow day today and I told myself I'd do things I don't do often. Baking bread and blogging both qualify.


You should see it outside, folks. It's gorgeous. And that's me saying that. A world class winter-hater. A card carrying summer lover (how many of you thought; "had me a blast" after you read that?). There is a pile of snow on everything and no one outside except for the brave souls across the street who insist on clearing their driveway within an inch of its life. I think they actually swept it. This is what happens when you retire, people.



Hey, I guess a hearty Happy New Year is in order. When do you stop saying it, anyways? So far I'm still saying it to people I haven't seen since before January 1 but when does it stop? What if I meet and old friend for drinks in March? Should I still go for it?

Looking forward to a few things in my life right now. My neighbour Jen and I have assembled a trivia team called The Stable Geniuses and we play at the Nepean Sailing Club every Thursday. I love trivia and we're really having a ball with this. We're currently on a run of 4th place finishes so there's always room to improve. Sunday my dragonboat team will finally be paddling on the water. No, not the Ottawa River but the warm blue waters of the Nepean Sportsplex swimming pool. No matter. As long as I have a paddle in my hand I'm in my happy place.

So how's your year going so far?

kxx

No comments: