Friday, March 18, 2016

Where has my inspiration gone?

When I first started writing this blog, For the most part, topics and ideas used to flow like water. I'd sit at the computer and the words would just splash out. I guess I had a lot to say. For the past few years, a combination of time, other commitments, and I'm going to admit it, the desire hasn't been there. I've been struggling, folks.

I don't know how to get it back. I used to use tricks like just write whatever came to mind for one minute on a timer, and tried websites that gave bloggers a word or prompt to craft a nice little post. But I never find them to be inspiring in the long term. I always feel like I did when forced to do a composition for school. I did it then moved on but it didn't make me feel like I wanted to ever write again. I haven't gotten that far but I do kind of feel more and more that I want to fold this bad boy.

Now that I've written that down, I realize that I don't mean that. Not at all. I love blogging and I think I'm going to blog forever. I'm just going to wait patiently for the fire to come back. I'm going to fake it 'til I make it. And you know what? I think this post itself gave me a little shot in the arm. Huh. Who knew whining would get the old juices flowing?

kxx


No comments: