Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My house smells freaking fantastic

So my co-worker Kate is having a birthday today (hi Kate!) and she was so hilarious today. Seriously, like a little girl excited about her special day. She was practically skipping. I love my birthday but she was taking it to a new level. I don't understand people who don't love their birthday. Yes, there are other special times of the year like Christmas but your birthday is all yours. No sharing unless you are a twin or unfortunate enough to have someone in your life whose big day is close to yours. Scott and I are 3 days apart and I'll still make myself a cake even though there is usually plenty of his birthday cake left. Although I still believe that mums should get the bulk of the attention. They were the ones who did the painful work. All you did was show up.



Okay, on to the reason my house smells so good. For every birthday the girls at work make a special, delicious fuss, throwing a pot luck of epic proportions in the lunch room that even gets decorated for the occasion. For my part of the lunch, I'm providing bacon jam to go with a warm brie that another co-worker is bringing. It's going to be so yummy.

I know, I know. You are all saying "Karen, stop typing and write out the recipe will you?". My reply to that is: "Are you kidding? I'm not writing anything out. Here's the link"

Bacon jam recipe that I guarantee will make your house smell like probably what heaven smells like unless you are a vegetarian...

Enjoy and may your house smell as awesome as mine while it cooks...

kxx

This is actually mine, fresh off the stove. 


No comments: