Monday, December 7, 2015

The Little Drummer Boy

I've talked before about how much I hate that song. No matter who sings it (nice try Justin) or who tries to hide it like veggies in pizza sauce (I'm looking at you Bing and Bowie).

I snarked about it here years ago...

So over the weekend, I found myself listening to the local station that plays Christmas music 24/7. It's keeping me from lunging to switch stations every time that buzzkill song by Adele comes on. Anyway, they announced that Little Drummer Boy is coming up next. As I started my patented Adele lunge, I heard the best version of that song I've ever heard. Not that it will ever be my favourite song but this version sure goes to show that a little re-arrangement will go a long way. Plus she took the stupid "pa-rum-pa-pum-pum"s out. Perfect.

Listen:


See?

Anyway, let's talk about Christmas songs you love (and don't love... I'm looking at you, Chipmunks). I'm feeling very Christmassy right now despite the above 0 temps and my general lack of organization. Because if I have to think of all the shopping and decorating I haven't done yet, I'm may have a holiday meltdown.

kxx


No comments: