Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh dear.

I think I'm suffering from a mild case of post-con depression which is actually a thing, people. Well, kind of. Anyway, I knew something was up when someone asked what I did on the weekend and my answer was "well, there was no Con... ummm... I can't remember." Yikes.

On that note, I'm going to post the last couple of things about Comic-Con and then I'll let it go. Promise. Well kind of.

On the first 2 days I took notes on my iPod as I walked the floor. Here's what I have:

-Lots of compliments on my tee. Naturally, it was a Doctor Who. Here's a photo and if I have to explain it you don't watch it so you won't care much. But trust me, it's adorable.



-Within an hour, won a draw. Where else but at the Doctor Who booth, the first place I stopped? I put my name in a draw and it got pulled. I won the novelisation of an episode about the Silurians.

-Lots of Finns. There were a lot of people dressed like this guy. He's a character named Finn from an excellent cartoon called Adventure Time. If you are in the market to watch a new cartoon, this is my suggestion. It's weird, random, funny and touching. I call Henry EB (everything burrito) because of this clip. Long story.



-Eavesdropping is fun. I heard two people talking about the DC vs. Marvel Comic universes, saw an argument between a guy who built a remote control life sized Dalek and a dad who let his kid sit on it for a photo and watched as a kid dressed as Harry Potter hid from his parents behind a garbage can. I saw Superman and the Flash pushing strollers, Kids dressed as Yoda and Sith warriors and Bane trying to carry on a conversation with a volunteer who couldn't understand a word he was saying until Bane had to lift his mask. Too funny.

-"Evan, please meet your mother at the Batmobile". I overheard this over the PA system. Where else but at Comic-Con?

And this one last little story:

On the Friday night of Con weekend, I got a text from a co-worker who was out to dinner with some friends. She texted me at 9:30 which was weird since we rarely text and it was kinda late. Her message... "I think Wil Wheaton is here." ACK! A few minutes later she texted a photo. Dammit! It was him and she wasn't even that interested. Colour me green with envy.

Fast forward to today after we all came back to work after a week off. She tells me the story again and adds that she spoke to him after. Ugh, woman, I'm dying already. You are literally killing me. Then she goes on say that she mentioned me to him. I rolled my eyes thinking that there's no way he'd have remembered me but after she described me to him he said "she smelled her pits!". Gaaah! I wanted to be remembered but not like this. Oh, who am I trying to kid? This is frigging awesome! Well kind of. To me anyway.

So... how was your weekend?

kxx

No comments: